About the artist
I work mainly within the Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Space genres in video games,
but I also do CD and book cover illustration.
I worked at video game studios in Norway and USA, and currently live in
Denmark focusing on freelancing and personal art.
I have been working professionally since 1996.
For freelancing rates, availability and other questions please
contact me by email.
I was born in early 1970s in Poland.
Although I have been attracted to visual arts since early age, I first started creating digital images in
1993 after several years of fascination with SciFi and Fantasy book covers and computer graphics from Amiga demos
and games. In mid 1990s I got into 3D rendering, created a website and started posting my
renderings online. They turned out to be better than expected so eventually I started
freelancing. My career really took off in 1997 when I was hired to work full time as a 3D artist on
The Longest Journey, a PC adventure game developed at Funcom, Norway. Later I moved to
USA to work on Unreal 2 and other games at Legend Entertainment. Since 2004
I have been working on a freelance basis and also doing personal artwork.
The gallery contains examples of my commercial and personal work.
Services I offer
- sketching: color sketches of imaginary landscapes.
- concept art: Sci-Fi interiors and exteriors, vessels, robots, vehicles and weapons.
- illustration: CD / magazine / book cover or inside illustration.
- pre-rendered 2D/3D imagery: for 2D adventure games, intro screens, splash screens, between level screens, etc.
- 3D design and modeling: Sci-Fi environments, spaceships, robots, vehicles and weapons.
2D painting, 3D modeling and rendering, texture painting, illustration, concept art, attention to detail.
||Self-employed. Working on a freelance and contract basis,
and as an independent artist. Major clients include:
Turbine Entertainment Software Inc.,
Worked on-site as a concept artist, texture and 3D artist on a PC 3D SciFi action games
Unreal 2 - The Awakening,
U2XMP, and an unreleased first person shooter.
Employer: Legend Entertainment, USA.|
||Freelancing. Worked on various projects,
including the Sci-Fi Unreal 2 - The Awakening,
online games, magazine, CD and book covers.|
||Worked on-site as a 3D artist on
The Longest Journey,
a PC Fantasy / SciFi adventure game. Employer: Funcom, Norway.|
||Freelancing. Worked as a 3D artist on
Zone 99, an Amiga puzzle/shooting game.
Art events awards
- Big Kahuna 1999 award - winner of excellence in the Fantasy World category. An international art event held at the 3D Design & Animation Conference, in Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, USA.
- The Party 1998 award - 3D art competition winner. An international digital art contest held in the Messecenter Aars, Denmark.
- The Gathering 1998 award - 3D art competition winner. An annual international digital art contest held in Vikinge Skibet, Hammar, Norway.
Artwork featured in books
- Freax: The Art Album by Tamajr Polgarj, CSW-Verlag (2007)
- Elemental: The World's Best Discreet Art by Daniel Wade and Mark Snoswell, Ballistic Publishing (2004)
- 3DS Max Bible 4 by Kelly L. Murdock, Wiley (2001)
- 3DS Max Bible 3 by Kelly L. Murdock, Wiley (2000)
Artwork featured in magazines
- Fantasy Artist (October 2012), UK magazine
- CHIP (2010), German magazine
- Art Scene international (December 2005), US magazine
- Digit Magazine (2002), UK magazine
- 3D WORLD (2001), Spanish magazine
- Stargate (2000), Italian magazine
- 3D Advanced Graphics and Animation (October 1999), US magazine
- Amiga Advis (January 1999), Danish magazine
- GFX (April 1997), Polish magazine
- MacFormat (July 1996), UK magazine
- MacFormat (March 1996), UK magazine
Worked on games
- Magic Swap - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Distinctus - online image game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Nonaquad - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2010)
- Pentacolor - online puzzle game developed by Eon Works (2009)
- Quick Fire Pool - online pool game developed by Chameleon Games (2008)
- Warpath - a PC and console game, Sci-Fi first person shooter developed by Digital Extremes (2006)
- Dungeons & Dragons Online: StormReach - a PC and console game, Fantasy RPG developed by Turbine Entertainment (2006)
- Project X - PC game, unfinished first person shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2004)
- U2XMP - a PC and console game, Sci-Fi multi player shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2003)
- Unreal 2 - a PC and console game, SciFi first person shooter developed by Legend Entertainment (2003)
- The Longest Journey - a PC game, Fantasy / SciFi adventure game developed by Funcom (1999)
- Zone 99 - an Amiga game, a 2D maze puzzle developed by Aurora Works (1997)
CD/LP Music Album Covers (partial list)
Artwork featured online
Art and Illustration Studio.
Subscribe to receive the latest artwork by
The most popular images during the past 365 days:
1. Planet scape
2. Cosmic shores of the subconscious
3. Endless opposites
4. Stellar vista
5. After the battle
6. Edge of perception
7. Desert moons
8. Epsilon hunter
9. Drifting planes
10. Uncharted realm